Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pictures of the heart

The boys were all home the last two weekends. Yeah, I know, Blake lives in Cheyenne, and so does Bart at the moment, but Bret was here. Do you think I could get one stinkin' picture of all of us together? Nada! But I have pictures in my heart.

Like, on Mother's Day, when Lyle and I left to go to church, hoping that they'd all get up, get showered, and come to their old home ward on time. I can't even express the joy my heart felt when they all came in and sat down. That picture will indeed be in my heart forever!

Eating together again. How rare, how fun. I miss the little things that go away when your children do. We had roast, and hearing, "Mom, this is good," made me smile. Lyle bantered back and forth with the boys about 'stuff'...like he always does....and I think there was an attempt at a joke in there somewhere too....What a great picture all of us at the table that would have been.

Then, Bret and Bart took off for a week for a road trip. Utah, California, Oregon, and Idaho! Seeing them pack up and drive off in that car that wasn't even Bret's gave my heart a stir. What an adventure for them. What a worry for me. (am I EVER going to stop worrying about these grown up men of mine? don't count on it.) This is indeed a picture you would have liked to have seen! And I am pretty sure Bart has pictures of their trip that I haven't even seen yet!

Saturday was wash the vehicles day! All 6 of them! We talked, laughed, vacumed, scrubbed, cried, hugged. That is one great picture of one fun afternoon. Thanks guys for all pitching in!

Sunday was stake conference....how I enjoy sitting with my family! How I enjoy our friends making a big deal about seeing our boys. How my joy is full when I feel complete because they are with us.

Horse rides, dogs running in the yard, sitting out in the front, soaking up some sun and warmth, and showing off some pretty dang white legs! Whose are whitest, I'll never tell, but those are some nice pics AND legs! (whistle) Too bad there aren't any REAL pictures!

Bret packed up his car again today and headed back to St. Louis. Not such a good picture of me here. He wasn't even here long enough. How I hated seeing that old beat up car leave my drive way again. And now Bart is probably going to pack up and head back to Utah soon.
Can you see my wrinkled forehead and the tears welling up in my eyes in this picture?

Lyle give me a hug of comfort. Great pic here!

I wish I could show you this final picture I've taken of all of us standing outside today, in the sunshine, smiling, and joking and enjoying the day...I can't show you, but it's all right here in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! So sweet! I'm glad you got to spend some time with your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Kathi,
    I love your writing! And by the way, the pictures of the time spent w/ the boys are wonderful, thanks for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete